that secure the motor support (9) to the
(4) Inspect the air deflectors for damage caused
starter box and blower support and remove
by the blades of the rotor assembly.
the motor support and motor.
(5) Inspect the bearing caps for stripped threads
(4) Remove four screws (2), flat washers (1),
nuts and lockwashers that secure the motor
(6) Inspect the ball bearings for noise when
(3) to the motor support (9) and remove the
rotated, loose or pitted balls, and scored
marks on inside surface.
(7) Inspect the rotor assembly for damaged
(1) Scribe a locating line across the stator
keyway, bent fan blades, wear marks on the
assembly (24, fig. 15) and both the motor
rotor, and a damaged shaft. Straighten bent
brackets (11) to facilitate assembly.
fan blades. Sand down high places on the
(2) Remove the eight screws (12) and
surface of the stator assembly if wear marks
lockwashers (13), four screws (20) and
are on the rotor.
lockwashers (21), and two screws (19) that
(8) Inspect the stator assembly for broken
secure the end brackets (11) to the stator
leads, frayed insulation, and stripped
assembly (24) and remove the brackets.
threads. Replace broken leads.
Remove the bracket plug (10) and two pipe
(9) Replace any defective parts of the blower
plugs (9) from the front bracket.
(3) Remove the two bracket screens (15) from
(10) Inspect the motor support for cracks and
the air deflectors (14), if defective, by
breaks. Inspect the weldment. Reweld a
removing the rivets (16).
broken weldment, and weld any cracks in
(4) Press the two ball bearings (22) from the
shaft of the rotor assembly (23). Remove
the bearing caps (17 and 18) and air
(1) Install the bracket screens (15) on the air
defectors (14) and secure each with three
rivets (16) if they were removed.
Note. The bearing caps (17 and 18)
(2) Place the rotor assembly (23) inside the
stator assembly (24) and install the air
are not interchangeable.
deflectors (14), bearing caps (17 and 18),
bearing cap for proper location on
and bearings (22) on the rotor.
(3) Aline the scribed locating line and position
(5) Remove the four screws (3) and
the motor brackets (11) on their respective
lockwashers (4) and remove the outlet box
ends of the stator assembly (24) and secure
(1) and gasket (2) from the stator assembly.
(6) Remove the four screws (7) and
four screws (20) and lockwashers (21), and
two screws (19) and lockwashers (21).
the stator assembly and remove the cover.
Install the pipe plugs (9) in the brackets and
Remove the grommet (5) from the cover.
install the bracket plug (10) in the rear
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Wipe all parts with a cloth moistened with an
(4) Place the grommet (5) in the cover (6) and
approved cleaning solvent.
secure the cover to the stator assembly with
(2) Inspect the motor brackets for stripped
four screws (7) and lockwashers (8).
threads and cracks.
(5) Place the gasket (2) and outlet box (1) on
(3) Inspect the cover for cracks and broken
the stator assembly and secure with four
lockwashers (4) and screws (3).