(5) Scribe a locating line on the motor shaft (15)
adjacent to the hub of the varidisc (16).
(8) Install the louvered covers (2) and secure
(6) Loosen four capscrews (17) on the hub of
each with four screws (1).
the varidisc (16) and remove the varidisc
from the motor shaft (15).
Note. At no time should the varibelt
(7) Remove two screws (8) from the bushing
have more than 1/16 inch runout
retainer nut (7) and remove the nut from the
between the motor shaft and driven
end of the driven shaft.
shaft varidiscs. Aline belt, by shifting
(8) Reach inside the case frame and remove
the stationary varidisc (4) to obtain
three screws (13) and washers (12) that
proper belt alignment.
secure the bearing cap (11) to the end cover
(6). Remove four screws (9), and washers
55. Electric Remote Control
(10) and remove the end cover.
(9) Slip the varibelt (14) over the end of the
motor shaft (15) and remove the varibelt
lockwashers (4) and remove the cover (1)
through the driven shaft opening as shown
and gasket (2) from the gearcase (68).
(2) Tag and disconnect all wiring in the
It is imperative that the
varidiscs and varibelt be free of any
assembled electric remote control (37) from
lubricant. Clean the discs and belt
the adapter bracket (56).
with a clean cloth dampened with an
approved cleaning solvent.
lockwashers (8) and remove the cover (5)
(1) Insert the varibelt (14) through the driven
and gasket (6) from the gearcase.
shaft opening in the case frame (5). Place
(2) Remove the support arm (15) and shim (14)
the belt between the varidiscs (3 and 4) and
by removing two screws (10), lockwashers
use a pinch bar to spread the discs until the
(11), retaining ring (9), nut (13), bushing
varibelt will pass over the end of the motor
(12), and nut (13).
(3) Remove the two screws (27) and
(2) Position the end cover (6) on the case frame
lockwashers (28) and remove the auxiliary
(5). Secure the bearing cap (11) to the end
actuator (25) and microswitch (26) from the
cover with three screws (13) and washers
mounting plate (29). Remove the other
auxiliary actuator (20) and microswitch (21)
(3) Install the bushing retainer nut (7) in the end
in the same manner.
of the driven shaft and secure with two
(4) Loosen two screws (17 and 18) and remove
the two stop assemblies (16) from the shaft
(4) Secure the end cover (6) to the case frame
(5) Remove three screws (30) a d lockwashers
(31) that secure the plate (29) to the
(5) Position the varidisc (16) on the motor shaft
gearcase and slide the oil seal (32), bearing
(15), making certain the varidisc hub is
clamp (33), and self-alining bearing (34)
alined with the scribe mark on the motor
from the shaft (37).
shaft. Secure the varidisc to the shaft by
(6) Loosen screw (36) and remove shaft (37)
tightening the four capscrews (17).
from the worm gear (35). Remote the worm
(6) Install the lubrication extension (18) in the
gear from the gearcase.
end of the motor shaft (15).
(7) Position the end cover (21) on the case
and unscrew four studs (53)
frame and secure with four screws (20) and