2-15. SRU-21/P SURVIVAL VEST-KIT
(1) Inspection. Inspect the SRU-21/P survival vest according to procedures outlined in table 2-1.
(2) Service. As required, service the survival vest by cleaning and drying as prescribed in paragraph 2-6.
(3) Repair. Repair the SRU-21/P survival vest (figure 2-23) as follows:
(a) Restitching. Restitch broken or loose stitching on the survival vest according to original construction
details and paragraph 2-7, using the specifics in table 2-3.
Figure 2-23. The SRU-21/P survival vest construction details
(b) Darning and patching.
1. Vest. The vest may be repaired by patching, using the procedures in paragraph 2-7, the specifics in table
2-3. Darning will not be performed on the vest body.
2. Vest pockets. The vest pockets may be repaired by darning or patching, as applicable, using the
procedures in paragraph 2-7 and the specifics in table 2-3. Patching will be performed using type III 7.25-
ounce nylon duck cloth.