3-20. AZIMUTH DRIVE GIMBAL ASSEMBLY A2 REPLACEMENT (cont)
The azimuth drive gimbal assembly motor
gets very hot (about 250°F) during operation.
The hot motor can cause serious burns.
Use care when disconnecting connector
Do not use motor as hand hold.
3. Avoid contact with hot motor (7). Disconnect
connector 1A2P1 (8) from aircraft interface
cable connector W1J4 (9).
4. Cut tiedown strap (10) securing motor cable
(11) to bracket (12).
A thin film of grease was applied to mating
surfaces of azimuth drive gimbal and aircraft
interface assemblies. For this reason, the parts
may not separate easily in step 6 below. Slight
upward pressure may be required to break the
bond between the two assemblies.
5. Remove azimuth drive gimbal assembly A2
(13) from aircraft interface assembly. Put
azimuth drive gimbal assembly on clean
surface for temporary storage.
6. Remove old grease from mating surfaces (14
and 15) of aircraft interface assembly and
azimuth drive gimbal assembly. Use a clean
7. Place protective covering over cavity after
azimuth drive gimbal assembly A2 is removed.