(11) Place the bearing cap (44) on the threaded
between the motor shaft and driven
end of the pinion shaft (42). Insert the
shaft varidiscs. Aline belt, by shifting
threaded end of the shaft through the rear of
the stationary varidisc (23) on the
driven shaft (58) to obtain the proper
bearing section of the pinion shaft in the
bore of the ball bearing (31).
(12) Install the lockwasher (30) and locknut (29)
59. Case Housing
on the pinion shaft (42). Tighten the locknut,
a. Removal and Disassembly.
and bend one of the tangs of the lockwasher
(1) Remove the adapter bracket assembly
in the groove of the locknut (29).
(13) Position the bearing cap (26) on the
generator mounting bracket (36). Aline the
(3) Remove eight screws (61, fig. 20) and
mounting holes of the two bearing caps (26
washers (62) that secure the bottom cover
and 44) with the bracket holes, and secure
(60) to the bottom of the case frame (63)
with two screws (27) and washers (28).
and remove the bottom cover.
(14) Install the shaft (43) as prescribed in (11, 12,
(4) Remove four screws (66), instruction plate
and 13) above.
(67) and three eyebolts (68) from the case
(15) Position the assembled generator mounting
bracket (36) on the gearcase (40), seating
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
the bearing sections of the pinion shafts (42
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
and 43) bracket to the gearcase with 10
solvent and dry thoroughly.
screws (37), and washers (38).
(2) Inspect the housing for cracks, breaks, and
(16) Install the bearing cap (8), and the machine
damaged threads. Chase damaged threads
key (59) on the driven shaft (58).
and weld or braze any minor cracks or
(17) Pack the ball bearing (6) with grease and
breaks. Replace if unserviceable.
press the ball bearing on the shaft bushing
(3) Inspect all other parts for wear or damaged
(7). Aline the keyway in the shaft bushing
condition. Replace all defective parts.
with the key in the driven shaft and install
c. Reassembly and Installation.
the shaft bushing on the driven shaft.
(1) Position the bottom cover (60) on the case
(18) Install the pipe plug (32) in the gearcase
frame (63), and secure with eight screws
Fill the gearcase with the proper
(61) and washers (62).
(2) Position the instruction plate (67) on the
(64 and 65).
case frame (63) and secure with four screws
(66). Install the three eyebolts (68).
Note. At no time should the varibelt
(4) Install the adapter bracket assembly (para.
have more than a 1/16 inch runout
Section VI. CONTROL BOX
from remote position.
The control box is mounted in two channels on the
starter box and contains a tachometer indicator, START-
61. Control Box
STOP pushbuttons for drive control and RAISE-LOWER
pushbuttons for speed control. The control box may be
(1) Remove the eight screws that secure
lifted from the channel mounting for operation of controls