b. ILS self test (NAV 1 and NAV 2):
(1) Tuning knob (NAV control unit) Select
a localizer frequency.
(2) TEST switch (NAV control unit) De-
(3) NAV and GS flags on EHSI WIll come
into view. After 3 seconds, the flags will
go out of view, the EHSI course devi-
ation bar will deflect 2/3 full scale, and
the glideslope pointer will deflect 11/4
dot right and down on the glideslope
and localizer pointer.
(4) VIR-32 Will return to normal after 15
c. ADF receiver test:
(1) Power and mode switch ADF.
(2) Tuning knobs (control head) Tune a
nearby NDB, compass locator, or
(3) EFIS display controller Select ADF
on single needle pointer bearing
source selector switch.
(4) TEST switch Depress. Bearing point-
er will rotate 90 degrees from previous
indication. Release TEST switch and
verify bearing pointer returns to pre-
d. TACAN/DME indicator system Will con-
duct a self-test for 3 seconds after power-
up. After 3 seconds, check for SELF TEST
PASS or SELF TEST FAIL (with a fail mes-