(1) Install screen assembly (80) in body of
with teflon tape per Military Specification MIL-T-27730.
center boom (81), and secure with gasket (79) and cap
(2) Tilt tank to permit vertical installation of
liquid level gage. Insert float end of gage into tank, and
(2) Wrap threads of elbow (75) with teflon
carefully attach gage to its mounting flange.
tape per Military Specification MIL-T-27730.
gage in a clockwise direction to attach.
elbow into body of center boom.
(3) Make final adjustment of gage to place "1/2" mark at
(3) With liquid loading tube (41) removed
from tank installation, insert end of center boom through
opening at bottom of tank support assembly (133).
To gain access to components, consider tilting
tank installation and removing drip pan (ref para
Insert tube so that cap of screen assembly faces aft and
pressure sensing hole in screen assembly body is up.
(4) Position body of center boom midway
from bottom of tank, using figure 4-9 and the following
between ends of tank support assembly.
steps as guides:
clamps (72) to tank support channels using spacers (71),
(1) Loosen clamps (29 and 22), and remove
screws (70), washers (69), and nuts (68).
hoses (30 and 23) connecting sump to liquid loading
(5) Attach lower clamps (73) to upper clamps
tube (41) and pump inlet tube (28).
with center boom tubes between clamps halves. In stall
screws (67) with heads up, washers (66), and nuts (65)
to hold clamps together. Do not secure tightly at this
(2) Remove 12 screws (31) and washers
(32) securing sum to bottom of tank.
(6) Attach hose assembly (42) from control
(3) Remove sump and gasket (33) from
valve to large elbow and secure (ref para 5-6). Adjust
hose and elbow (75) as required to remove any kinks or
b. Installation. Install sump (34) to tank, us-
(7) Install liquid loading tube (41) and secure
(1) Coat new gasket (33) and screws (31)
with Tite-seal gasket and joint compound, part
(8) Adjust center boom to position screen
no. T3504 or equivalent.
assembly body midway between tank support ends.
may be used on gasket surfaces).
Rotate center boom as required to eliminate any kinks in
(2) Place gasket (33) on flange of sump
hose assembly (42) to control valve. Secure nuts (65) to
(34) with mounting holes aligned.
secure upper and lower clamps.
(3) Place sump into position under tank,
with end ports pointing toward ends of tank.
If drip pan is removed, delay final adjustment of
(4) Attach sump to tank with 12 washers
center boom until drip pan is replaced (ref para
(32) and screws (31). Secure screws handtight.
(5) Reconnect hoses (30 and 23) to liquid
(9) Wrap threads of elbow (76) with teflon
loading tube (41) and pump inlet tube (28). In-
tape per Military Specification MIL-T-27730. Install
elbow into screen assembly body.
Attach hose from
Secure hoses with clamps (29 and 22).
pressure gage on manual control panel (58).
(10) Install overflow tube (64) to tank
a. Removal. Remove tank assembly from tank
installation using the following steps as guides:
(1) Remove liquid loading tube (41, fig. 4-9)
Liquid Level Gage
Tilt tank for vertical removal of
liquid level gage to avoid baffles and damage to
(2) Remove pump inlet tube (28) from tank
mechanism. Remove liquid level gage (110, fig. 4-9)
from tank assembly by unscrewing gage in
(3) Loosen hose clamps (20) and hose (21)
counterclockwise direction. Use care not to damage
at outlet port of bypass valve assembly (52).
gage or its attached float.
b. Installation. Install liquid level gage to tank
washer (11), and clevis pin (12) securing valve rod
assembly using figure 4-9 and the following steps as
(1) Cover threads of liquid level gage (110)