(15) to control lever of control valve assembly (47, fig. 4-
(5) Connect overflow tube (64) to tank
(5) Unscrew end fittings of high-pressure
installation and secure as described in para 4-15, step
hoses (14 and 42) from connectors of control valve
(6) Install hose (21) between outlet port of
(6) Remove overflow tube (64) from tank
bypass valve (52) and wye stub of pump inlet tube (28
(7) Remove nuts (120), washers (121), and
(7) Attach high-pressure hoses (14 and 42) to
screws (122) securing tank strap assemblies (123) to
tank clamps (132). Remove tank strap assemblies and
(8) Install pump inlet tube (28) as instructed in
upper cushions (124).
(9) Install liquid loading tube (41) as
(10) Attach valve rod (15, fig.
A minimum of two men are required to
control valve assembly (47, fig. 4-9) and adjust as
remove tank assembly from tank support
described in 5-9, steps b(6) through b (9).
(11) Tighten nuts (120) attaching tank (123) to
(8) Carefully lift tank assembly (125) from
tank clamps (132).
tank support assembly (133).
Manual Control Panel
(124) from cradle channels of tank support assembly
a. Removal. Remove manual control panel (58,
only if they are damaged and need to be replaced.
These are cemented in.
4-10 and the following steps
(9) Remove components from tank assembly
(1) Remove cotter pins (1), washers (2), and
clevis pins (3) from brake and valve levers
b. Installation. Install tank assembly in tank
(16 and 17) to disconnect brake cable assembly
support using figure 4-9 and the following steps as
actuators. Remove lower nut (4), washers (5), and screw
(1) Check condition of felt cushion (124) on
(6) from bracket of brake lever (16).
cradle channels of tank support assembly (133).
Replace with new cushions if necessary, as instructed in
cable housing clamp (9, fig. 4-10) from brake cable
assembly if necessary for replacement.
(2) Replace any components removed from
(2) Detach hose assembly (22) from pressure
gage (21) by unscrewing pressure gage line from
coupling (18). Leave coupling attached to pressure gage
A minimum of two men are required to lift the tank
to retain parts in position.
Cap pressure gage horse
Exercise care in placing tank assembly
assembly to prevent dirt entry.
in tank support assembly.
(3) Remove two nuts (53, fig.
screws (54) retaining folding brace of manual control
(3) Carefully lift tank assembly (125) and
panel (58) to center brace of tank support assembly
install in tank support assembly (133). Liquid level gage
(110) faces forward. Center tank sump between tank
(4) Remove nuts (55), washers (56), and
support cradle channels.
Rotate tank as required to
screws (57) securing manual control panel hinge to tank
place sump directly on bottom.
support assembly (133).
Remove manual control
panel from tank support assembly.
Leave tank strap assemblies loose so that tank may be
(5) Do not remove components from manual
rotated for alignment of connections.
control panel unless necessary. Refer to paragraph 4-
(4) Attach tank assembly (125) loosely to tank
24, step c for instructions.
support assembly (133) with tank strap assemblies
b. Installation. Install manual control panel on
(123). Place upper half of cushions (124) beneath tank
tank support assembly using figure 4-9 and the following
straps, and connect tank straps to tank clamps (132)
steps as guides:
with screws (122).
(1) Attach hinge of manual control panel (58)
Attach with washers (121) and nuts (120).
to tank support assembly (133), using screws (57)
washers (56), and nuts (55).
At least two threads of screws (122) must
show through attaching nut (120)