(1) Loosen hose clamp (12) and remove
remove six bolts (49) and washers (50) that
pump inlet hose (13) from outlet end of pump inlet tube
secure bypass valve assembly to tank connector.
(4) Loosen hose clamps (20) and remove
(2) Loosen hose clamps (20) and hose (21)
low-pressure hose (21) from bypass valve assembly
connected between bypass valve assembly (32) and wye
stub of pump inlet tube (28).
(5) Remove bypass valve assembly and
(3) Loosen hose clamps (22) and hose (23)
gasket (51) from tank connector.
b. Installation. Install bypass valve assembly (52,
connected between sump (34) and inlet end of pump
inlet tube (28).
(4) Remove four nuts (24), washers (25),
e (2) for installing low-pressure hoses, install hose (21)
screws (26), and spacers (27) securing pump inlet tube
to tank support assembly (133). (5) Remove pump inlet
to bypass valve outlet port. Secure with hose clamp
b. Installation. Install the pump inlet tube to
(2) Install bypass valve assembly as
tank installation using figure 4-9 and the following steps
(3) Install pump inlet tube (28) to tank
(1) Place pump inlet tube (28) into position
through opening in tank support assembly (133) under
(4) Install control valve assembly (47, fig. 4-
tank assembly (125).
Curved end of tube goes
outboard, facing up and forward.
(5) If drip pan was removed, replace drip pan
(2) to install low-pressure hoses. Insert inlet end of
pump inlet tube into hose (23) connected to sump (34).
Center Boom Assembly
Secure hose with tube clamps (22). Insert wye stub tube
end of pump inlet tube into hose (21) connected to
To gain access to components, consider tilting tank and
bypass valve (52). Secure with hose clamps (20).
Remove center boom (81, fig.
If drip pan was removed, replace drip pan as
4-9) using the following steps
(1) Remove overflow tube (64) from tank
(3) Line up attachment holes in mounting
flange of pump inlet tube with holes in lower channel of
(2) Remove liquid loading tube (41) from tank
tank support assembly (133).
Place spacers (27)
installation as described in para 5-10. Do not remove
between sides of tank support channels, in line with
valved nipple (36) with dust cap (35) unless necessary
mounting holes. Insert screws (26) through dip pan,
channel, spacers, and mounting flange of pump inlet
(3) Disconnect hoses to control valve
tube. Secure with washers (25) and nuts (24).
(4) Use procedure of 4-15, step e (2) to install
Slip pump inlet hose (13) over
(66), and screws (67) which secure upper clamp (72)
outlet end of pump inlet tube.
Secure with hose
and lower clamp (73) together at each end of the tank
support assembly (133).
(5) Remove nuts (68), washers (69), screws
Bypass Valve Assembly
(70), and spacers (71) securing upper and lower clamps
a. Removal. Remove bypass valve assembly (52,
to tank support.
Remove upper and lower clamps.
(6) Remove center boom (81) from tank
installation through the opening in right-hand side of tank
support (looking forward).
Note position of center
removal of bypass valve assembly with tank assembly
boom as an aid during installation.
(125) removed from tank support (133).
(7) Remove elbows (75 and 76) from body of
access to components with tank assembly installed to
tank support, consider tilting tank installation and
(8) Remove cap (78), gasket (79), and screen
assembly (80) from body.
Do not remove plug (77)
from cap unless it needs to be replaced.
b. Installation. Install center boom in tank
(2) Remove pump inlet tube (28) as
installation, using figure 4-9 and the following steps as
(3) Remove and discard lockwire (48) and