10. Insert the grommet into the hole in the shell, earphone. For easier insertion, wet the
grommet with plain water if needed.
11. Insert the communications cord leads into the receiver and tighten the two set screws.
12. Insert the cushion, ear lengthwise into the shell, earphone. Center it in the shell, ensur-
ing that the receiver and the communications cord leads are accessible.
13. Center the receiver in front of the cushion, ear. Insert the receiver retainer into the
earcup and center it so that the receiver is seated in the retainer pocket.
14. Repeat Steps 9-13 for the other earphone.
15. Plug the microphone cord into the communications cord connector at the rear of the hel-
16. Position the front of the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) at the rear of the helmet between the
nape strap pad assembly and the helmet shell.
17. Following the contour of the helmet shell, slide the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) into the
helmet. Attach the pile fasteners on the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) to the hook fasten-
ers on the inside of the helmet shell.
18. Reattach the strap assembly, chin to the helmet shell via the screw, washer, and post
19. Squeezing the sides of the lining, helmet, shock (TPL), reinstall it in the helmet with the
rear edge of the lining, helmet, shock (TPL) aligned with the top edge of the nape strap
pad. Ensure that the nape hanger strap is taut and the hook-and-pile fasteners are en-
20. Reattach the earcups to the earcup retaining pads. Check earcup position in accor-
dance with paragraph 4-11.
Figure 4-29. Communications Assembly
OUTSIDE OF HELMET