e. Microphone Boom
Screwdriver, flat-tip (GGG-S-121 TY1CL5DEB)
Screwdriver, cross-tip (GGG-S-121 TY6CL1)
or Personnel with ASI of
H2/Q2 (ALSE Qualified)
Microphone boom (1680-ALSE-164-1)
1. Referring to Figure 4-22, remove the knurled thumbscrew (1) attaching the
microphone to the boom.
2. Remove the boom clip (2) attaching the microphone cord to the boom.
3. Remove the center screw (5) attaching the swivel (4) and boom (3) to the
1. Referring to Figure 4-22, reassemble the hardware as shown and attach the
replacement boom and microphone to the helmet with the center screw and
2. Attach the microphone to the boom with the knurled thumbscrew.
3. Reattach the microphone cord to the boom with the boom clip.
Figure 4-22. Boom and Microphone