When removing communications cord leads from the
earcup shell, handle the grommet only; do not pull
on the wires.
14. Remove the communications cord grommet from each
earcup shell. Holding the grommet, pull the communica-
tions cord leads through the hole in each earcup shell.
Steps 14a through 14c apply only to helmets equipped
with the CEP-integrated communications cord. If your
helmet does not have a CEP-integrated communications
cord, proceed to Step 15.
14a. Referring to Figure 4-27.1, unsolder and remove the
CEP ground wire (1) from the ground lug (2) on the
inside of the helmet.
14b. Referring to Figure 4-27.2, loosen the hex nut (2), and
separate it from the connector (5). Slide the hex nut and
the ground lug (1) away from the inside of the helmet shell.
14c. From the outside of the helmet, unsolder the connector
(5) and interface wire with the spacer (4) from the helmet.
Be sure to pass the ground wire (3) through the hex nut
and ground lug.
15. Remove the communications cord grommet from the rear of the helmet through the
outside of the helmet shell.
16. Remove the entire communications cord from the helmet shell.
17. Remove the mounting screw attaching the boom and microphone to the helmet.
1. Obtain the needed replacement components.
2. Referring to Figure 4-28, mount the boom and stuffing tube (SAB) as follows:
(a) Assemble the stuffing tube (SAB) (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9).
(b) Install a plastic washer (3) onto the end of the shaft (9) of the stuffing tube (SAB).
(c) Install the stuffing
tube (SAB) into the
slotted hole from the
outside of the helmet.
(d) Insert a 10-32 x ¼
screw (1) through the
flat washer (2) and
through the helmet
shell mounting hole
from the inside of
Figure 4-27.1. Ground Lug
Figure 4-27.2. Connector
Figure 4-28. Boom and Microphone