d. Shell, earphone assembly.
Jeweler's screwdriver set (CM3033)
or Personnel with ASI of
H2/Q2 (ALSE Qualified)
Shelf, earphone assembly ( 1680-ALSE- 17 1)
1. Referring to Figure 4-21, remove the earcup (1); allow it to hang by the
2. Remove the earseal (5) from the earcup by stretching it carefully over the lip of
the shell, earphone.
3. Remove the foam receiver retainer (4) from the earcup.
4. Remove the receiver (3) from the receiver retainer.
5. Using a jewelers screwdriver (Item 6, Appendix B), loosen (do not remove) the
two set screws that secure the receiver to the communications cord leads (6).
6. Remove the foam cushion, ear (2) from the earcup.
Figure 4-21. Shell, Earphone Assembly