When installing lenses, ensure lens guides are seated in track grooves.
Ensure bushing mates with locking notch in lower track to prevent
rotation when installing or removing thumbscrews.
If lining, helmet, shock (EAL) was removed, replace it as directed in
1. Referring to Figure 4-31, insert bushings (7) upward through lower track (6).
2. Place inner visor (9) over lower track.
3. Place middle track (5) over inner visor. Insert bushings upward through middle
4. Place upper track (4) over outer visor (10), and install in place on bushings.
5. Reinstall retaining rings (3).
Attach housing (1) to tracks by inserting thumbscrews through housing and
threading them through the bushings.
Install four thumbscrews
(2) downward through bush-
ings and into posts to
attach visor assembly to hel-
If necessary, adjust visor as
(a) Adjust the visor using
the downstop locking
screws through the
holes (11); one is lo-
cated on each side of
the visor. (Loosening
the screws allows the
downstop to be raised
or lowered approxi-
mately one inch for vi-
sor-to-mask or facial
(b) When the desired posi-
tion is attained, tighten
Figure 4-31. Dual Visor Assembly