cover and gasket (4) from the base (5).
for cracks or damage ant alinement. If
(2) Tag and disconnect the electrical leads from
misalined, repair with a mallet using a heavy
(3) Remove the varidrive motor from the
(5) Inspect the bracket for stripled threads,
cracks, or damage, and burrs on the bearing
Remove the burrs with a fine
(1) Remove the four screws (6), lockwashers
(7), and flat washers (8) and remove the
(6) Inspect the ball bearing for noise when
base (5) from the stator assembly (25).
rotated, loose bearings, and scored marks
(2) Remove the 4 screws (10), lockwashers
on inside surface.
(11), flat washers (12), two screws (20),
(7) Inspect the rotor assembly for broken fins,
screw (19), three lockwashers (21), and
alinement of shaft, and broken teeth on the
three flatwashers (22) that secure the
bracket assembly (9) to the stator assembly.
(8) Inspect the stator assembly for ripped
Tap rim of the bracket assembly with a
winding, frayed insulation, and broken leads.
mallet and remove from the stator assembly.
Replace broken leads and tape the splice.
(3) Remove the grease fitting (1) and pipe plug
Retape frayed insulation.
(2) from the bracket assembly.
(9) Inspect the cover for alinement and cracks
(4) Remove the six screws (15) and
lockwashers (16) and remove the air
(10) Replace any of the above parts if they are
deflector (13) and bracket guard (14) from
the bracket (17).
(5) Remove the rotor assembly (24) from the
(1) Position the cover (29) around the stator
stator assembly (25).
assembly and secure with two bolts (30) and
(6) Remove the ball bearing (23) and bearing
cap (18) from the rotor assembly.
(2) Install the terminal plate (26) on the stator
(7) Remove the four screws (27) and
assembly (25) and secure with four screws
lockwashers (28) and remove the terminal
(27) and lockwashers (28).
plate (26) from the stator assembly.
(3) Position the bracket guard (14) and air
deflector (13) on the bracket (17) and secure
(31) and the cover (29) from the stator
with six screws (15) and lockwashers (16).
(4) Press the ball bearing (23) in the bearing
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
cap (18), and press the assembled ball
(1) Clean all metal parts in an approved
bearing and cap onto the rotor assembly
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Clean all electrical parts with a dry lint-free
(5) Insert the hub of the bearing cap (18),
cloth or blow clean with low pressure
attached to the rotor assembly (24), into the
bore of the bracket assembly (9). Aline the
(3) Wash all ball bearings thoroughly with an
mounting holes and secure the bearing cap
approved cleaning solvent and dry with
to the bracket assembly with screws (19 and
compressed air. Cover bearings with a film
of light oil after cleansing
(6) Insert the rotor through the stator and
(4) Inspect the base for stripped threads and
secure the bracket assembly (9) to the stator
cracks or damage. Inspect the air deflector
assembly (25) with four