Section III. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
2-4. GENERAL. Operation of the AIHS consists of donning/removing the helmet and oper-
ating the components.
2-5. DONNING/REMOVING HELMET
When donning helmet, ensure that nape strap pad is completely
pulled down and that the keeper tab is taut. Failure to do so will de-
crease helmet stability and may cause injury to the wearer.
When donning or removing helmet, spread helmet just enough to
clear head. Excessive spreading may damage helmet.
a. Donning Helmet.
1. Hook thumbs over earcups and spread helmet slightly.
2. Position front edge of helmet firmly against forehead; rotate helmet rearward and
down onto head.
3. Press helmet down firmly with both hands to ensure that helmet is properly posi-
tioned on head.
4. Fasten and adjust chinstrap per paragraph 2-6a.
5. Adjust nape strap per paragraph 2-6b.
b. Removing Helmet.
1. Loosen chinstrap per paragraph 2-6a.
2. Hook thumbs over earcups and spread helmet slightly.
3. Rotate helmet off head.