5. Autopilot controller AP button Press. AP
ENGAGE and YD ENGAGE annunciators on
autopilot controller will flash. Servo clutches will
engage. FD flag on ADI in view.
6. Control movement Check when pushed ON.
If autopilot or yaw damper disengages
during overpower test, do not use . If AP
continues to flash, do not use .
7. Rudder pedals Overpower slowly. YD ENGAGE
annunciator stops flashing. FD flag retracts.
8. Elevator trim follow-up Check.
9. Control wheel Hold aft of mid travel. Trim wheel
should run nose down after approximately 3
illuminate after approximately 8 seconds.
10. Control wheel Hold forward of mid travel. Trim
wheel should run nose up after approximately 3
seconds. TRIM UP annunciator should illuminate
after approximately 8 seconds, and AP TRIM
FAIL annunciator and MASTER WARNING
flasher should illuminate after approximately 15
11. AP/YD & TRIM DISC button Press through
second level. Autopilot and yaw damper should
disengage and ELECT TRIM OFF annunciator
should illuminate. AP ENGAGE and YD
ENGAGE annunciators on instrument panel
should flash 5 times and autopilot off aural alert
should sound for one second.
12. MASTER WARNING flasher Press to reset.