Section II. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
2-2. General. Operation of the SPH-4B consists of donning/doffing the helmet and operating the components.
2-3. Donning/Doffing Helmet.
Spread helmet only enough to allow ease of donning and doffing. Excessive
spreading may damage helmet. Do not flex the helmet repeatedly.
a. Donning Helmet.
(1) Hook thumbs over earcups as shown in Figure 2-7, view A and spread helmet slightly.
(2) Position front edge of helmet firmly against forehead as shown in Figure 2-7, view B; rotate helmet rearward and
down onto head.
(3) Press helmet down firmly with both hands to ensure that helmet is properly positioned onto head.
b. Doffing Helmet.
(1) Hook thumbs in earcups and spread helmet slightly.
(2) Rotate helmet toward rear and off head as shown in Figure 2-7, view C. If you prefer, you may rotate helmet
forward and off head.
Figure 2-7. Donning/Doffing Helmet