Observe INSERT/ADVANCE pushbutton annunciator
19. To load channel number Press keys
Example: 109 = 109. Numbers appear in left data
display as keys are pressed.
20. INSERT/ADVANCE pushbutton -
Observe pushbutton annunciator extinguishes.
Any number will be accepted by
the INS; however only stations
with a channel number within the
range of 1 through 126 will be
used for TACAN mixing.
implied X suffix.
symbols should be disregarded
when reading altitude and channel
21. INSERT/ADVANCE pushbutton -
Observe station latitude and longitude reappear.
22. Repeat steps 3 through 19 for each
23. To return INS to normal display
modes, momentarily set data selector
to L/L POS.
(7) Designating fly-to destinations:
1. Data selector L/L WY PT or UTM WY PT, as
2. Waypoint thumbwheel Select destination
Observe number of destination way-point appears in
TO part of TO-FROM display.
3. Data selector - HDG/DA.
Observe present aircraft heading appears, to nearest
tenth of degree, in left data display; also drift angle, to
nearest degree, appears in right data display.
available from the INS for display in
the pilot and copilot RMI's and on the
pilot and copilot HSI's, as determined
by the COURSE INDICATOR and RMI
(8) To fly selected INS course:
1. Pilot's COURSE INDICATOR switch INS.
2. Pilot's RMI select switch - INS.
3. Horizontal Situation Indicators (pilot's and/or
copilot's HSI) Steer toward indicators.
4. CDU ALERT annunciator - Monitor.
Observe illumination approximately 1.3 minutes
before reaching point for automatic leg switch.
Indicator flashes on and off after passing a way-point, if
AUTO-MAN switch is in MAN.
(9) Aided TACAN operation:
If high accuracy alignment is required,
wait for the READY NAV light before
selecting NAV mode.
1. Mode selector - NAV.
2. Data selector - DSRTK/STS.
3. Key 4 - Press.
INSERT/ADVANCE pushbutton light is illuminated.
4. INSERT/ADVANCE pushbutton Press.
Observe right data display is 1-XX4 and INSERT/
ADVANCE pushbutton light is extinguished.
Every 30 seconds, the INS will select
sequence for updating. To be
eligible, TACAN station range must be
between 5 and 150 nm and channel
between 1 and 126.
5. Data selector L/L WY PT or UTM WY PT.
6. Keys 7 and 9 - Press simultaneously.
Observe channel number of the TACAN station being
used for navigation flashes on and off. Data displays