Mmo, may be easily exceeded when descending
from high altitude. The pilot should frequently
cross check the airspeed and Mach limit indicators
to avoid exceeding Mmo. Exceeding Mmo, could
result in structural failure and loss of airframe
1. Cabin controller - Set.
2. ICE PROTECTION switches - As
Set windshield anti-ice to NORMAL or HIGH as
required well before descent into icing conditions
or into warm moist air to aid in defogging. Turn
off windshield anti-ice when descent is completed
to lower altitudes and when heating is no longer
required. This will preclude possible wind screen
3. Windshield anti-ice - As required.
4. RECOG lights - On.
5. Altimeters - Set to current altimeter
setting (QNH) when passing through
6. Avionics and EFIS control panel - Set
and check. Ensure EFIS displays
match procedure to be flown.
7. Arrival briefing - Complete.