b. Pitot (2), stall warning, and fuel vent heat
(2) Check on, then OFF.
13. Cabin door annunciator light Check on.
14. Oxygen system Check. Refer to Table
8-1, Oxygen Duration.
a. Passenger manual drop-out Push off.
b. Oxygen system Crew ready.
c. Crew masks 100%; check operation
1850 psi at 15° is a fully charged bottle.
Read duration directly from Table 8-1.
(1) Read oxygen pressure from the
(2) Read the OAT (with battery on).
(3) Determine the percent of usable
capacity from Figure 8-1 (e.g., 1100
psi at 0°C = 57%).
(4) Compute the oxygen duration in
minutes from Table 8-1 by multiplying
the full bottle duration by the percent
of usable capacity, as in the following
(a) Pilot and copilot with masks set
at 100% plus 6 passengers = 10
people using oxygen.
For oxygen duration computations, count
each diluter-demand crew mask in use as
two (e.g., with four passengers and a crew
of two, enter the table at eight people
(b) Cylinder volume =115 cubic feet.
(d) Duration with 57% capacity: .57
x 73 = 41 minutes.
15. Annunciator lights Check.
16. Hydraulic fluid sensor Check.
17. Fire detection system Check.
18. Fire extinguishers TEST.
19. Stall and landing gear warning Check.
20. FLAPS As desired.
21. ENGINE ANTI-ICE As desired.
22. BATT switch OFF.
23. EFIS AUX POWER Test.
a. TEST switch Hold to TEST for
5 seconds (green TEST annunciator will
illuminate for 5 seconds).
b. TEST switch Release.
8-13. FUEL SAMPLE AND OIL CHECK.
A cold oil check is unreliable. Oil should
be checked within 10 minutes after
stopping engine. If more than 10 minutes
40 seconds, then recheck. If more than
10 hours have elapsed, run engine for
2 minutes, then recheck. Add oil as
required. Do not overfill.
Fuel and oil quantity checks may be
performed prior to Exterior Check to
preclude carrying a ladder and fuel sample
container during the balance of the
preflight. During warm weather, open fuel
caps slowly to prevent being sprayed by
fuel under pressure.
1. Fuel sample Check collective fuel sample
from all drains for possible contamination.
(Refer to Chapter 2 for locations.)