2-18. OV-1 AIRCRAFT RIGID SEAT SURVIVAL KIT (RSSK)-Continued
c. Replace RSSK hardware and accessories as listed in Appendix C, Repair Parts List and Special Tools
(1) Laced drop line assembly (figure 2-35). Limit repair to darning and stitch replacement in accordance with
paragraph 2-7. Use an 8-inch flat tip screwdriver, following the old folds, to restore a line that may be pulled
out of container loops. Replace with a new line assembly that is completely removed from its container.
Use care not to sew line to container when repairing line container.
(2) Tie down line assembly (figure 2-35). Limit repair to minor restitching in accordance with paragraph 2-7.
Replace as necessary, using supply catalog requirement.
(3) RSSK lug attachment (figure 2-36, sheet 2, views A, B, and C).
The left lug attachment assembly differs from the right lug attachment assembly. Use
care when replacing them.
Use an 8-inch flat tip screwdriver and a 1/2-inch open end wrench, or equivalent tools, to
replace the left or right Lug attachment assembly.
(4) RSSK footman bracket (figure 2-35). Use a 5/64 inch Allen wrench and a 3/8 inch open end wrench, or
equivalent tools, to replace the footman bracket.
(5) RSSK clip and dee (figure 2-35, attached to upper end of container and tie down straps, clip and dee
not visible). Use a 5/64 inch Allen wrench and a 3/8 inch open end wrench, or equivalent tools, to replace
clip and dee.
(6) Inspection cover, manual release (figure 2-36). Replace lid lock assembly inspection cover when cover
does not stick properly or lettering is obliterated and lid locks are not visible for inspection.
Remove inspection cover for manual opening of kit. Insert a six inch blade, flat tip
screwdriver between lid locks and slide to the rear to open kit. This method of
opening is used only when quick release handles will not open kit (figure 2-36).
(7) Support assembly harness (figure 2-37). Use a .050 AIlen wrench or srnall flat tip screwdriver, or
equivalent tools, depending on type of screw used, to remove canopy release from harness assembly (figure
2-37, detail A). After screw has been removed, remove keeper sleeve on canopy release to remove support
assembly harness (figure 2-37, detail B).