8. Press AP/YD disengage switch to first detent and
verify that autopilot disengages and flight controls
are free Check.
9. Elevator Trim Check on.
10. Engage autopilot Check.
11. Command 5° trim UP with AP pitch wheel and
verify that manual trim wheel moves nose UP and
AP trim light indicates UP trim Check.
12. Press PITCH TRIM switch NOSE DN and verify
that autopilot disengages and AUTO PILOT
TRIM FAIL and MASTER WARNING lights
extinguish by pressing the AP/YD disconnect
button on the control wheel to the first
13. Engage autopilot Check.
14. Move HSI heading marker to command a bank on
15. Press go-around switch and verify that GA light
illuminates, autopilot disengages, and that FD
commands a wings level, 7° nose-up attitude
16. Press TEST switch (pilot's HSI) and verify that
attitude display indicates an additional 10° pitch
up and 20° right bank Check.
AUTOPILOT TRIM FAIL SYSTEM C D1
1. Engage autopilot command DN with AP pitch
wheel and engage AUTO PILOT TRIM TEST
switch when elevator trim wheel starts to rotate.