B-5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When Federal stock number or reference number is Unknown:
(1) First. Find the exploded view illustration of the assembly or subassembly to which the repair part belongs.
(2) Second. Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the
(3) Third. Using the repair parts listing, find the figure and item number listed in the illustration column.
b. When Federal stock or reference number is Known:
(1) First. Using the index of Federal stock numbers and reference numbers, find the pertinent Federal stock
number or reference number. This index is in ascending Federal stock number sequence, followed by a list of reference
numbers in ascending alphanumerical sequence, cross referenced to the illustration figure and item number.
(2) Second. Using the repair parts listing, find the figure and item number listed in the illustration column
referenced in the index of Federal stock numbers and reference numbers.
B-6. Federal Supply Codes for Manufacturers.
Bendix Corp The Navigation and Control Division Teterboro NJ 07608
Ideal-Acrosmith 3913 Evans Ave Cheyenne WY 82001
Kollsman Instrument Corp 575 Underhill Blvd Syossett NY 11791
Dow Corning Corp Alpha Molykote Plant 64 Harvard Ave Stamford CT 06902
Military Standards Promulgated By Standardization Div Directorate Of Logistic Services DSA