(6) Manufacturers specification and source control drawing numbers are listed in the part
number column. Equivalent vendor part numbers and codes are listed in the description column.
(7) For proper identification of details and next assemblies, the listings are subordinated in an in-
dention system. The indention system shows the subordination of assembly in accordance with the
. ATTACHING PARTS FOR ASSEMBLY
ATTACHING PARTS FOR SUBASSEMBLY
. . SUBASSEMBLY OF DEVICE
. . . DETAIL PARTS OF SUBASSEMBLY
(8) Each Boeing part is given the number of the drawing from which the part is made. The draw-
ings are numbered according to a system in which a prefix of three digits is used. Boeing-Vertol part
numbers are prefixed with the numbers 114, 145, 165, 173, 234, 308, and 414.
(9) Specification and Source Control part numbers are listed in the part number column. Vendor
equivalent part numbers are listed in the nomenclature column.
(a) In addition to the above, Boeing-Vertol standard parts listed are prefixed by the letters
Vendor codes are not used for Boeing-Vertol, Boeing standard parts,
Boeing-Kent, and military standard part numbers.
(10) Usable On CodeThis column indicates the applicability of an item to other types or makes
(11) Units per AssemblyThis column lists the number of units required per assembly or
subassembly. When more than one assembly is required, the total for these assemblies will be listed.
The letters AR indicate as required. The letters REF are used on items that are listed for reference pur-