f. Inverter Test.
(6) Place .inverter switch (50) in ON position,
supplying voltage from generator to inverter input.
(1) Connect inverter de leads to ,inverter
(7) Observe lamps on phase sequence
indicator (60) to determine phase sequence for three-
(2) Position inverter switch (50) in OFF
phase input. Lamp 1-2-3 shall light for correct phase
sequence. If lamp 3-2-1 lights, reverse any two leads
(3) Attach leads from inverter under test to
on the T1, T2, or T3 terminals (37).
terminals on control panel as follows:
(8) Close inverter load switches (47) to load
(a) Single-phase input.
inverter leads to A10 terminal (2) and N terminal (36).
(9) Adjust T1 variable control (63), T2
variable control (61), and T3 variable control (46) for 0
Connect inverter leads to T1, T2, and T3 terminals (37).
to 1 kw variation in load for each leg T1, T2, and T3
Connect inverter leads to T1, T2, and T3 terminals (37)
(10) Depress OFF pushbutton of load
and N terminal (36).
disconnect switch (21), and place switches in OFF
(4) Perform operations as described in
position upon completion of tests.
paragraphs a(1l) through (6) above.
(11) Stop equipment under test and remove
(5) Perform operations as described in
paragraphs d(6), (8), (9), (10), and (11) above.
Section IV. OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
77. OPERATION IN DUSTY OR SANDY AREAS.
c. Cover unit with tarpaulin when not in use.
a. Shield test stand with tarpaulin or other suitable
79. OPERATION UNDER RAINY OR HIGH HUMIDITY
material to free unit from dust, dirt, or sand.
b. Clean unit as often as necessary to maintain a
a. Wipe exposed areas frequently, applying a thin
film of oil to exposed metal surfaces.
78. OPERATION IN SALT WATER AREAS.
b. Keep electrical connections and components
a. Protect exposed metal surfaces from corrosive
clean and dry. Watch closely for evidence of fungus
growth and remove promptly.
action of salt water air with a thin film of oil or rust-
c. Cover unit with tarpaulin or other suitable
b. Retouch or repaint, as required, to protect
material, when not in operation.
painted areas from corrosion.
Section V. MOVEMENT TO NEW WORKSITE
80. DISMANTLING FOR MOVEMENT.
(2) Place unit on carrier with hoist, crane, or
a. Movement Within Immediate Area.
(3) Securely block unit on carrier, using tie-
(1) Disconnect power source, and remove
downs and blocks to prevent movement. Transport test
stand to new location.
(2) Secure two lower panel doors.
81. REINSTALLATION AFTER MOVEMENT TO NEW
(3) Move test stand to new location with fork
lift truck or other suitable means.
On arrival at new -worksite, unload and install
b. Movement from Immediate Area.
test stand, following applicable instructions in
(1) Place test stand in a suitable box or crate
and secure unit to crate base.