rod assembly (14).
Install the preformed
(12). Install the piston
(14) and secure with retaining
packing (11) on the
on the rod assembly
(3) Lubricate the piston and rod assembly with
hydraulic oil, MIL-0-6083, and install in the ac-
the bushing (9) on the rod assembly
the retaining ring (8) in the sleeve
the lock assembly (7) on the sleeve
the sleeve assembly (6) over the rod
assembly (14) and
(8) Install the
assembly (6) and
actuating cylinder (1).
actuating cap (3) in the sleeve
secure with the two bolts (2),
washers (4), and nuts (5).
(1) Position the hydraulic cylinder assembly
on the upper structure and reservoir bracket and
secure with the two pivot pins (19, figure 1) and
(2) Connect the flexible hose (2, figure 4) to
the hydraulic cylinder assembly.
(3) Remove the support from the upper structure
and operate hydraulic pump. Fill reservoir to with-
in one inch of filler neck with hydraulic oil,
Section V. UPPER STRUCTURE ASSEMBLY
The upper structure (figure 2) consists of the
work platform, stair supports, steps, and handrails.
Height variations of the upper structure assembly
are controlled by the extension or retraction of the
hydraulic cylinder assembly.
39. UPPER STRUCTURE ASSEMBLY REMOVAL
(2) Drain the
the hydraulic cylinder assembly
hydraulic reservoir (paragraph 35).
(3) Remove the two
securing the handrails
bolts (8, figure 1) and nuts
(7) to the base assembly
(4) Remove the eight cotter pins and four pivot
pins (14) securing the stair supports (22) to the
(5) Using a suitable hoist, lift the upper struc-
ture assembly (4) from the base assembly.
(1) Position the upper structure assembly (4)
on the base assembly (10) and secure with the four
pivot pins (14) and eight cotter pins.
(2) Position the handrails (7) to the base as-
sembly and secure with the two bolts (8) and nuts.
(3) Fill the hydraulic reservoir (paragraph 35).
(4) Install the hydraulic cylinder assembly
40. PLATFORM ASSEMBLY AND PLATFORM
(1) Remove the two pivot pins from the upper
end of the hydraulic cylinder.
(2) Remove the eight cotter pins and four pivot
pins (3, figure 1) securing the platform assembly
(23) to the stair supports (22) and lift the platform
assembly from the supports.
(3) Lift the platform handrails (1) from the
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Wash all parts in cleaning solvent, Federal
(2) Inspect all pivot pins for excessive wear.
(3) Inspect the handrails for cracks and exces-
sive looseness. Weld small cracks.
(4) Inspect the platform plate for surface wear