(2) Position the by-pass
bracket and secure with two
washers ( 19), and nuts (20).
(3) Connect the return tube
valve (18) on the
screws (17), lock-
assembly (7) to the
(4) Connect the by-pass tube assembly (1) to
the elbow (16).
34. HYDRAULIC STRAINER ASSEMBLY.
(1) Remove the strainer plug (11, figure 5) and
gasket (13) from the strainer body (14).
(2) Wash the strainer plug in cleaning solvent,
Federal Specification P-D-680, to remove all dirt.
(3) Install the strainer plug and gasket in the
(1) Disconnect the suction tube assembly (4)
from the elbow (15).
(2) Remowe the strainer body (14) from the
nipple ( 10).
(3) Remove the strainer plug (11), gasket (13),
and elbow ( 15) from the strainer body (14).
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wash all parts in cleaning solvent, Federal
Specification P-D-680, and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the body for cracks and breaks. In-
spect the mesh in the strainer plug for breaks. In-
spect all threaded surfaces for worn or damaged
(3) Replace any defective parts.
(1) Install the gasket (13), strainer plug (11),
and elbow (15) in the strainer body (14).
(2) Install the strainer body on the nipple (10.
(3) Connect the suction tube assembly (4) to
the elbow (15).
35. HYDRAULIC RESERVOIR.
(1) Remove the drain plug (16, figure 1) from
the end of the fluid reservoir (17) and drain the
hydraulic fluid into a suitable container.
(2) Refill the reservoir to a level up to a point
one inch below the filler neck.
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Flush the hydraulic reservoir with cleaning
solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680.
(2) Inspect the reservoir for cracks, holes, and
(3) Drain and flush the reservoir
any broken weldments. Weld small
36. HOSES, TUBES, AND FITTINGS.
a. Remove the hose assembly (5, figure 5), suc-
tion tube assembly (4), by-pass tube (1), and re-
turn tube assembly (7) from their fittings and wipe
them off with a moist cloth.
b. Inspect the flexible hose for deterioration and
holes. Inspect the tube
assemblies for cracks,
breaks, and collapsed areas.
for worn or defective
d. Replace all defective parts.
37. HYDRAULIC CYLINDER ASSEMBLY.
(1) Support the upper structure to relieve the
weight on the pivot pins.
(2) Disconnect the flexible hose (2, figure 4)
from the hydraulic cylinder assembly and drain
(3) Remove the two cotter pins that secure the
pivot pins (19, figure 1) at the top and bottom of
the hydraulic cylinder assembly (2 1) and remove
the hydraulic cylinder assembly.
(1) Remove the two nuts (5,
figure 6), flat
washers (4), and bolts (2) securing the actuating
cap (3) to the sleeve assembly (6) and remove the
(2) Remove the sleeve assembly (6) from the
actuating assembly (l).