2.14. INDIVIDUAL OVERWATER SURVIVAL KIT - Continued
8. If applicable, connect the life raft inflation assembly pull-cable to the chape split key ring.
(4) Replacement. Replace an unserviceable kit outer case which is beyond repair with a serviceable item from
stock in accordance with repair ports, Appendix C.
b. Kit Inner Case.
(1) Inspection. Inspect the kit inner case using the procedures in table 2-1.
(2) Service. To service the kit inner case, clean and dry the case, as required, using the procedures in paragraph
(3) Repair. As required, repair the inner case of the individual overwater survival kit using the procedures
prescribed in paragraph 2-12b (3) and the specifics in table 2-3.
(4) Replacement. Replace an unserviceable kit inner case which is beyond repair with a serviceable item from
stock in accordance with repair parts, Appendix C.
c. Connector Web.
(1) General. The connector web is a 173-inch length of webbing which is used to connect the survival kit to the
packed individual LR-1 life raft assembly.
(2) Repair. Repair the connector web by restitching the loop end of the webbing length according to original
construction details and paragraph 2-7, using the specifics in table 2-3. However, to perform the repair, the
connector web must be removed from the survival kit as follows:
(a) Web removal.
1. Remove the bowline knot made in the webbing end of the outer case connector loop.
2. Remove the slipknot which secures the connector web to the neck of the carbon dioxide cylinder and
remove the web from the survival kit.
(b) Web installation. Reinstall a repaired connector web within the survival kit by reversing the procedures
in (a) above. Ensure the web running end does not exceed 2-1/2 inches in length after the web has been
secured to the connector loop with a bowline knot. Also ensure the web length is S-folded under the life
raft and across the top of the kit inner cage.
(3) Replacement. Replace an unserviceable connector web by fabricating as follows:
(a) Remove the original connector web according to the procedures in (2) (a) above.