2-12. INDIVIDUAL HOT CLIMATE SURVIVAL KIT-Continued
b. Kit Inner Case.
(1) Inspection. Inspect the kit inner case using the procedures in table 2-1.
(2) Service. To service the kit inner case, clean and dry the case, as required, using the procedures prescribed
in paragraph 2-6.
(a) Restitching. Restitch broken or loose stitching on a kit inner case (figure 2-7), except the connecting
strap, according to original construction details, using the procedures in paragraph 2-7 and the specifics in
table 2-3. The connecting strap shall be restitched using a reinforcement as outlined in paragraph (g)
(b) Darning and patching. As applicable, darn or patch a kit inner case using the procedures in paragraph
2-7 and the specifics in table 2-3. Patching shall be performed using type 1 cotton duck cloth.
(c) Replacing the slide interlocking fastener. A slide interlocking fastener (zipper) on the kit inner case
which is broken or hard to manipulate shall be replaced with a serviceable 44-1/2-inch-long, type 1, style
2, size MS, slide interlocking fastener from stock using the procedures outlined in paragraph a. (3) (h)
above and the specifics in table 2-3. A slide interlocking fastener on the kit outer case which is defective
in any way shall be replaced using the following procedures:
1. Cut the stitching which secures the original slide interlocking fastener to the kit outer case and remove
the defective fastener.
2. Install a serviceable 44-1/2-inch-long, type 1, style 2, size MHS, slide interlocking fastener in the
original fastener location and secure the replacement fastener by stitching according to original
installation details, using the specifics in table 2-3. Stitching will be made in accordance with
(d) Replacing an attaching strap. Replace an unserviceable attaching strap (figure 2-8) on either end of
the kit inner case strap assembly by fabricating as follows:
1. Cut the end loop on the attaching strap and remove the ejector snap from the loop. Further remove the
cut strap from the applicable strap assembly quick fit adapter.
2. Inspect the original ejector snap for serviceability. If the snap is defective, replace with a serviceable
item from stock.
3. Cut a 28-inch length of 1-23/32-inch-wide, type VlII nylon webbing and sear the ends.