SECTION IV. SPECIAL PROCEDURES
General This section contains the special procedures
that were referenced in Section II.
1. Before takeoff:
a. Cabin pressurization controller - Set for a
5000 foot cabin altitude.
b. Cabin pressurization rate knob - Set to the 1
to 3 oclock position.
c. Bleed air valve switches (2) - OPEN.
d. Cabin pressurization switch - PRESS.
2. After takeoff - Initiate a climb to 10,000 to 12.
000 feet pressure altitude.
3. Cabin rate-of-climb indicator - Monitor for a
smooth transition from an unpressurized to a
4. Cabin rate of climb knob - Set to minimum.
Monitor the cabin rate of climb for a rate of less
than 200 feet per minute.
5. Cabin rate of climb knob - Set 1 to 3 oclock po-
sition. Monitor the cabin rate of climb for a rate
of 350 to 650 feet per minute.
6. Cabin rate of climb knob - Set to maximum.
Monitor the cabin rate of climb for a rate of
1500 to 2500 feet per minute.
7. Cabin altimeter - Check that the cabin altimeter
needle stabilizes at 4600 to 5400 feet while the
cabin differential pressure needle continues to
8. Cabin pressurization controller - Set to 10,000
9. Cabin pressurization switch - Dump, when cabin
altitude approaches aircraft altitude.
10. Continue climbing and ensure that between 12,
000 and 12,500 feet the ALT WARN annuncia-
tor light illuminates.