Self Test Switch
Discriminate Function Switch
Figure 4-4. Radar Signal Detecting Set Control Panel (AN/APR-39(V)1)
Radar Signal Detecting Set Control Panel
Functions (AN/APR-39(V)2) (fig. 4-5).
To prevent damage to the receiver detector crystals,
assure that the AN/APR-39(V)2 antennas are at least 60
meters from active airborne radar antennas. Allow an
extra margin for new, unusual or high power antennas.
(1) PWR switch. ON, allow I minute for
(2) SELF TEST switch. Allows self test of the
(3) AUDIO control. Adjust volume as desired.
(4) MODE switch. Set for mission requirement.
Radar Signal Detecting Set Indicator Functions
(1) MA indicator. Illuminates to indicate the
presence of an MA threat.
(2) Display. Indicates relative position of
search radar emitters.
(3) BRIL control. Adjusts brilliance.
(4) DAY-NIGHT control. Rotate to adjust
intensity of display.
4-8.RADAR WARNING RECEIVER (AN/APR-44(V)3).
The radar warning receiver control panel (fig. 4-7),
located in the instrument panel, indicates the presence
of certain types of search radar signals. The radar
warning receiver is protected by the 5-ampere circuit
breaker placarded APR44/ALQ162, located on the
mission control panel (fig. 4-1). For operating
instructions, refer to TM 11-5841-291-12.
Radar warning indicator. Illuminates to indicate
the presence of an All or SAM threat, and is also utilized
to self test the annunciator light.
VOLUME control. Adjusts volume.
POWER switch. Turns set on and off.