Figure 3-25. Transponder Control Panel (AN/APX-100)
(b) DIV. Selects diverse (both) antennas.
(c) BOT. Selects lower antenna.
(4) RAD TEST-OUT switch. Enables reply to
TEST mode interrogations from test set.
(5) MASTER CONTROL. Selects system
(a) OFF. Deactivates system.
(b) STBY. Activates system warm-up
(c) NORM. Activates normal operating
(d) EMER. Transmits emergency reply
(6) STATUS ANT indicator. Illuminates to
indicate the BIT or MON fault is caused by high VSWR
(7) STATUS KIT indicator. Illuminates to
indicate the BIT or MODN fault is caused by external
(8) STATUS ALT indicator. Illuminates to
indicate the BIT or MON fault is caused by the altitude
(9) IDENT-MIC-OUT switch. Selects source of
aircraft identification signal.
(a) IDENT. Activates transmission of
identification pulse (IP).
(b) MIC. Enables either control wheel POS
IDENT switch to activate transmission of ident signal
(c) OUT. Disallows outgoing signal.
Illuminates to indicate a reply has been made to a valid
Mode 4 interrogation.
MODE 4 AUDIO OUT switch. Selects
monitor mode for mode ,4 operation.
(a) AUDIO. Enables sound and sight
monitoring of mode 4 operation.