Figure 3-2. UHF Control Panel (AN/ARC-164)
To adjust volume when audio is not being
received, turn squelch switch OFF, adjust
volume for comfortable noise level, then
turn squelch switch ON.
4. Squelch - As desired.
(5) Transmitter operating procedure:
1. Transmitter-interphone selector - No.
2. UHF control panel - Set required fre-
quency using either PRESET CHAN
control or MANUAL frequency select
3. Microphone jack selector switch - As
4. Microphone switch - Depress to trans-
(6) Shutdown procedure: Function selector
switch (fig. 3-2) - OFF.
3-9. VOICE ORDER WIRE (AN/ARC-194).
A radio set identical in type and performance to
the UHF command set (fig. 3-3) is located in the
pedestal, to serve as voice order wire. This set pro-
vides the pilot and copilot with secure 2-way voice
communications. Complete provisions only are pro-
vided for a KY-58 voice security device. The voice
order wire set is protected by a 7 1/2 ampere VOW
circuit breaker on the overhead circuit breaker panel
(fig. 2-26). The voice order wire shares an antenna
mounted on the aircraft belly with the transponder
(lower antenna, fig 2-1).