7. Essential electrical equipment - On (individually
until fire source is isolated).
8. Land as soon as practicable.
e. Smoke and Fume Elimination. To eliminate smoke
and fumes from the aircraft, perform the following:
Crew oxygen - 100% and on.
Bleed air valve switches - ENVIRO OFF.
Vent blower switch - AUTO.
Aft vent blower switch - OFF.
Cabin temperature mode switch - OFF.
If smoke and fumes are not eliminated, CABIN
PRESS switch - DUMP.
N O T E
Opening storm window (after depressurizing)
will facilitate smoke and fume removal.
7. Engine oil pressure - Monitor.
9-27. FUEL SYSTEM.
a. Fuel Press Warning Light Illuminated. Illumination
of the #1 or #2 FUEL PRESS warning light usually
indicates failure of the respective engine-driven boost
pump. Perform the following:
1. Standby pump switch - ON.
2. Fuel pressure light out - Check.
3. Fuel pressure light still on - Record unboosted
b. No Fuel Transfer Caution Light Illuminated.
Illumination of the #1 or #2 NO FUEL XFR light with fuel
remaining in the respective auxiliary fuel tank indicates a
failure of that automatic fuel transfer system. Proceed as
1. AUX TRANSFER switch (affected side)
2. Auxiliary fuel quantity - Monitor.
3. AUX TRANSFER switch (after respective
auxiliary fuel has completely transferred) -
c. Nacelle Fuel Leak. If nacelle fuel leaks are evident,
perform the following:
1. Perform engine shutdown.
2. Fire pull handle - Pull.
3. Land as soon as practicable.
d. Fuel Crossfeed. Fuel crossfeed is normally used
only during single-engine operation. The fuel from the
dead engine side may be used to supply the live engine by
routing the fuel through the crossfeed system. During
extended flights, this method of fuel usage will provide a
more balanced lateral load condition in the aircraft. For
fuel crossfeed. use the following procedure:
1. AUX TRANSFER switches - AUTO.
N O T E
With the FIRE PULL handle pulled, the fuel in
the auxiliary tank for that side will not be
available (usable) for crossfeed.
2. Standby pumps - OFF.
3. Crossfeed switch - As required.
4. Fuel crossfeed light illuminated - Check.
N O T E
With the FIRE PULL handle pulled, the FUEL
press light will remain illuminated on the side
5. Fuel pressure light extinguished - Check.
6. Fuel quantity - Monitor.