Figure 11-6. Muffler cleaning.
(4) Before installing the muffler, clean the
and remove exhaust manifold (40) from cylinder (43).
exhaust manifold and cylinder exhaust port (ref step d,
(3) Put piston and pin (34) to top dead center
position to cover the cylinder ports so that dirt or dust
(5) Replace muffler by screwing muffler (20,
cannot fall inside.
(4) Using a wooden or plastic scraper, care-
securing locknut on muffler inlet threads. Place muffler
fully remove the carbon deposits from the cylinder
exhaust port. Be careful not to scratch the piston or
bracket (22). Secure strap adjusting screw to retain
damage the chamfered edges of the cylinder exhaust
muffler snugly in place.
port. Clean the cylinder fins and blow out all loose
d. Cylinder Exhaust Port and Exhaust Manifold
particles from the exhaust manifold and cylinder exhaust
(5) Attach exhaust manifold (40) to the
(1) Remove muffler as instructed in c, steps 1
cylinder (43) using screws (37). Install muffler
and 2, preceding.