(2) Install actuator (4) onto adjusting screw
(8), with raised surface toward adjusting nut (6). Screw
If synchromatic windmill assembly is not being installed
actuator onto adjusting nut until spoke ends are in line
on pump, secure parts together with bolt, washer, and
with lower surface of cap hub (9).
g. Installation. Install the synchromatic windmill
Approximately 34 inches of thread will protrude
through the actuator.
assembly on the pump brake drum.
(3) Install hubs of blades (2) into cap hub (9) with
the retaining shoulder slots (10) of the blade hubs
Do not overtighten bolts. Blade adjustment may be
inserted over the spokes of the actuator (4).
restricted, and undue stresses may be applied to
blade hub retaining shoulder (11) should be fully seated
in the cap hub bearing slots.
(1) Place synchromatic windmill assembly
(4) With cap hub index aligned with base hub
index, install base hub (3) onto cap hub assembly (1).
(2) Align holes and secure to brake drum with
Section IX. MAINTENA NCE OF CONTROL SYSTEM
Manual Control Panel
5-9, steps b(6) through b(9) for adjustment details.
a. General. The manual control panel (fig.
(4) Inspect pressure gage (21, fig.
10) with its attached components, comprises most of the
for condition and security of attachment.
control system. Maintenance procedures for the pump
gage if glass is broken, or if needle is bent or not at zero
with no pressure applied. Tighten coupling (18) to
panel is attached to the tank support by hinges and a
secure pressure gage in position, facing aft.
folding brace. This permits folding the control panel for
(5) Inspect instruction plates (26) for condition
installation and shipping.
The control panel may be
and security of attachment. Replace if missing, loose,
adjusted for installation into either the UH-1B or UH-1D
or if they cannot be read.
Major components of
c. Disassembly. Remove components of control
the control panel include brake lever (16), valve lever
panel assembly as follows (fig.
(17), valve rod (15), pressure gage (21), and brake cable
(1) Levers. Remove cotter pin (1), washer
(2), and clevis pin (3) which attach brake cable assembly
b. Maintenance and Adjustment.
(1) Inspect the manual control panel and its
17). Remove nuts (4), washers (5), and screws (6) and
components for security of attachment.
spacers (7 and/or 8) which secure lever (16 or 17) to
(2) Adjust brake cable assembly (21, fig. 9)
control bracket (27).
Remove assembly (and cable
clamp housing (9) if removing brake lever (16).
(3) Adjust linkage of valve lever (17, fig. 1-
10), valve rod (15), and control lever of control valve
Do not attempt to disassemble levers.