(2) Fig. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified /located. The figures are in
numerical order in Section 11 and Section 111
(31 Item Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG. column.
This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this Index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric sequence (i.e
vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in order A
through Z. followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM Column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM1 Is a 5-digit numeric code used to identify the
manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency. etc that supplies the item.
(2) Part Number Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual. firm, corporation, or
Government activity. which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings,
specifications standards. and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) Stock Number Column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer identified in
the Part Number and FSCM Columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section II and III.
(51 Item Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in the
adjacent figure number column.
E-5. Special Information. Use the following subparagraphs as applicable:
a. Usable On Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column heading. Usable
on codes are shown as 'UOC. in the Description Column (justified left) on the first line applicable item description,
nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of the usable on codes used in the RPSTL are:
RE1: Regular Size Helmet (up to head size 7 1/4).
XL1: Extra Large Size Helmet (7 1/4 and over).
NV1: NVG Mounting System NO. 1
NV2: NVG Mounting System NO. 2
NV3: NVG Mounting System NO. 3 GX-5
b. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in the
item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number Index
and the bulk material list in Section II.
E-6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(I) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are divided into
the same groups.