(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in adjacent figure number column.
FIGURE AND ITEM NUMBER INDEX.
(1) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Section II and III.
(2) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric
code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower comer of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as UOC: . . . . . . . in the Description Column (justified left) on the last line
applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. Refer to Appendix A, References.
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which
the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number
noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see
c-4a.(1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index arc listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see
paragraph c-4.b). Both indexes crossreference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you arc looking
for, then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.