d. Operating ANVIS goggles. Refer to TM 11-5855-263-10 for ANVIS operational
Ensure that the ANVIS system mounted on your HGU-56/P is working properly in
accordance with TM 11-5855-263-10 prior to using it. Failure to check the ANVIS
or to be able to see the low battery warning light when using the ANVIS may result
in a critical loss of equipment use.
e. Operating communications system.
1. Ensure that the microphone cord is plugged into the communications cord connector
at the left rear of the helmet. If the helmet is CEP-equipped, also ensure that the CEP
is plugged into the connector at the right rear of the helmet.
2. Plug the communication cord into the aircraft communications device.
3. Plug the communication cord into the aircraft communications device.
4. Adjust the microphone to the proper operating position in front of the lips.
5. Speak into the microphone and listen for feedback.
Figure 2-12. Proper Microphone Position