1. COBRA DUAL VISOR ASSEMBLY MODULE. Provides all of the features of the ANVIS
dual visor assembly; in addition, provides a mounting area for the AH-1 helmet sight. It is
accountable unit MTOE property.
2. LASER VISORS. Provide laser protection; can be used with ANVIS or COBRA dual visor
3. COWLING FOR MBU-12/P OXYGEN MASK. Improves helmet/mask retention.
4. TEMPEST HEADSET ASSEMBLY. Provides voice-secure communications.
5. RESTRICTOR, VISION. Used in flight training; forces the crewmember to focus on the
6. ANVIS GOGGLES. Enhances night vision; can be used with the dual visor assembly or the
COBRA dual visor assembly module.
7. ELECTRO-OPTIC HELMET SIGHT SYSTEM (EOHSS) MODULE. Designed for the
Apache helicopter; equipped with a helmet display unit (HDU) adapter, sensors for operating
aircraft systems, two single visor assembly modules, (one with a clear visor and one with a
neutral visor), and a specially designed shell, earphone assembly, and helmet subassembly.
It is accountable unit MTOE property.
8. HELMET BAG. Enables the crewmember to carry the helmet and related items to and from
9. LINING, HELMET, SHOCK (M45). The thermoplastic liner (TPL) used with the M45 mask
consists of a layer assembly, cover assembly, and brow pad. It is cut smaller than the stan-
dard thermoplastic liner to allow room for the M45 mask and hood. When the M45 mask is
not worn, a brow pad included with the TPL fills the space normally taken up by the mask.
10. INTERCOMMUNICATION UNIT (ICU). The ICU provides a means of communication for
dismounted aviators wearing the CB mask and for testing the communications system.
11. HGU-56/P FIELD CHANGE KIT. Consists of two adhesive-backed vinyl strips that are
placed inside the visor housing to protect the visor from scratches.
12. COMMUNICATIONS EARPLUG (CEP). Part of communications assembly on
CEP-equipped helmets; channels communications to ears while providing enhanced
sound attenuation. The extension cable (14) is used when the M45 mask is worn.
The interface harness (15) permits the CEP (13) to be used with the earlier non-CEP
helmet communications cord.
13. MAXILLOFACIAL SHIELD (MFS). Protects the lower face from flying debris.
Figure 1-3. Additionally Authorized Items of AIHS