F-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is not known:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly
group to which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for
assembly and subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for
the item number noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the per-
tinent National Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item
Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4 a (1)). The part numbers in the Part
Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4 b.). Both in-
dexes cross reference you to the illustration figure and Item number of the item
you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one
youre looking for, then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the