21. Repeat Steps 13-20 for the other earphone.
22. Plug the micrphone cord into the communications cord connector at the rear of the hel-
23. Position the front of the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) at the rear of the helmet between the
nape strap pad assembly and the helmet shell.
Ensure that the holes in the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) align with the plenum openings
for air cooling. In addition, the square hole should be located to allow access to the
strap assembly, chin mounting hardware.
24. Following the contour of the helmet shell, slide the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) into the
helmet. Attach the pile fasteners on the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) to the hook fasten-
ers on the inside of the helmet shell.
25. Reattach the strap assembly, chin to the helmet shell via the screw, washer, and post re-
26. Squeezing the sides of the lining, helmet, shock (TPL), reinstall it in the helmet with the
rear edge of the lining, helmet, shock (TPL) aligned with the top edge of the nape strap
pad. Ensure that the nape hanger strap is taut and the hook-and-pile fasteners are en-
27. Reattach the earcups to the earcup retaining pads. Check earcup position in accor-
dance with paragraph 4-11.