When removing communications
cord leads from the earcup shell,
handle the grommet only; do not pull
on the wires.
14. Referring to Figure 4-82, unsolder
the interface harness leads,
separating the interface harness (2)
from the communications cord (1).
15. Remove the interface harness leads
from each earcup shell, handling
the grommet only.
16. Remove the communications cord
grommet from each earcup shell.
Holding the grommet, pull the com-
munications cord leads through the
hole in each earcup shell.
17. Referring to Figure 4-83, unsolder
and remove the CEP ground wire
(1) from the ground lug (2) on the
inside of the helmet.
18. Referring to Figure 4-84, loosen the
hex nut (2), and separate it from the
connector (5). Slide the hex nut and
the ground lug (1) over the interface
harness and remove them.
19. From the outside of the helmet,
withdraw the connector (5) and in-
terface harness with the spacer (4)
from the helmet. Be sure to pass
the ground wire (3) through the hex
nut and ground lug.
20. Remove the communications cord
grommet from the rear of the helmet
through the outside of the helmet
21. Remove the entire communications
cord from the helmet shell.
22. Remove the mounting screw
attaching the boom and microphone
to the helmet.
Figure 4-82. Interface Harness Connected to
Figure 4-84. Connector
Figure 4-83. Ground Lug and Wire