Removing energy-absorbing liner
may require some practice.
4. Referring to Figure 4-79, use a
spatula (Item 2, Appendix B) to
separate the hook-and-pile
fastener attaching the energy-
absorbing liner to the helmet shell.
5. Following the contour of the
helmet shell, carefully slide the
energy-absorbing liner out through
the back of the helmet.
6. Inspect the energy-absorbing liner
in accordance with Table 4-1;
replace if necessary.
7. Referring to Figure 4-80, unplug
the microphone cord from the
communications jack (1) at the
rear of the helmet.
8. Remove the screw (2), washer,
and post attaching the communi-
cations cord strain relief plate to
the helmet shell.
9. Using a jeweler's screwdriver
(Item 6, Appendix B), remove the
two screws attaching the commu-
nications jack retaining plate (3) to
the rear of the helmet.
10. Untie the communications cord
from the communications cord
strain relief plate.
11. Referring to Figure 4-81, remove
the foam receiver retainer pad (4)
from each earcup (1).
12. Using jeweler's screwdriver (Item
6, Appendix B), loosen (do not re-
move) the two set screws on each
13. Remove the receiver from each
Figure 4-79. Removing Energy-Absorbing
Figure 4-80. Communications Cord Strain
Relief Screw and Communication Jack
Figure 4-81. Earcup Assembly
4-64.2 Change 3