7. Loosen the four thumbscrews attaching the standard dual visor housing to the
helmet shell. Remove the standard dual visor assembly (including thumbscrews,
visor housing, visor lenses, and track assemblies) from helmet.
8. With the AH-1 sight installed on the Cobra visor housing, install the Cobra dual
visor assembly as follows:
(a) On the helmet, remove the left-side screw, washer, and post where the side
leg of the Cobra dual visor housing will attach.
(b) Insert four thumbscrews through the visor housing and through the track
(c) Align the Cobra assembly over the mounting holes in the helmet shell.
Attach two thumbscrews to the posts on one side of the helmet. DO NOT
tighten the thumbscrews; you will do this in step (f).
(d) Attach the other two thumbscrews into the other two posts.
(e) Install the screw, spring washer, and post to fasten the side leg of the Cobra
visor housing to the helmet shell.
(f) Tighten the four visor assembly thumbscrews.
9. Position the front edge of the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) between the nape strap
pad and the helmet shell at the rear of the helmet. Following the contour of the
helmet shell, slide the liner into the helmet until the front edge of the liner is
flush with the front edge of the helmet shell. Ensure that the hook-and-pile
fasteners are engaged.
Ensure that the holes in the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) align with the
plenum openings for air cooling.
In addition, the square hole should
be located to allow access to the strap assembly, chin mounting hard-
10. Reinstall the screw, washer, and post removed in step 4.
11. Squeezing the sides of the lining, helmet, shock (TPL), reinstall it in the helmet.
Ensure that the front edge of the lining, helmet, shock (TPL) is aligned with the
front edge of the lining, helmet, shock (EAL) and that the hook-and-pile fasteners
12. Attach the earcups to the earcup retaining pads. Check earcup position and
adjust as necessary.