Refer to Figure 3-12 and Figure C-2.
1. On right side (as worn) of visor housing, insert a replacement screw through each of the two holes. Place right-
hand detent spacer on screws against underside of housing, followed by right-hand upper track (thin) and right-hand
lower track (thick) in that order. Set housing aside with tracks and spacers facing upward to that parts stay together.
If visor assembly does not include nut plates, it is recommended that you glue all four visor
posts into the helmet shell with five-minute epoxy to prevent the posts from turning within the
When completing step 2, ensure that 5-40 posts are used in nut plate; other sizes will not fit and
may damage plate if forcing is attempted.
2. Bend nut plate slightly to lift prongs. Slide post into slot of nut plate so that prongs align with slot on head of
post. Repeat for other post.
3. Position nut plate so that flat side faces underside of shell. Insert posts upward through track holes shell on
right side of helmet (as worn).
4. Holding spacer and tracks against housing, position them over posts. Tighten screws into posts for a snug (but
not tight) hold.
5. On left side (as worn) of visor housing, insert replacement screws through holes. Lift left side of visor housing
just enough to allow room to place left-hand detent spacer and left-hand upper and lower tracks on screws. Holding
spacer and tracks against housing as in previous step, position them over track holes on left side of helmet shell. Insert
posts through nut plate and through underside of helmet shell (on left side as worn) as in steps 2 and 3. Tighten screws
6. Slide outer (clear) lens into upper tracks. Insert visor key through housing slot (on either side as desired) and
into cutout in visor; push lock assembly down and rotate a quarter turn counterclockwise to lock into place. Place washer
and visor lock over-visor lock assembly; install and tighten center screw of visor lock. Center screw has a left-hand