OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
5. Connect the other end of the 1553 BUS B cable assembly, female end (2) to the male end of the 1553B
Data BUS PCMCIA Cable (4), which will be labeled B.
6. Connect the other end of the 1553 BUS A cable assembly, female end (3) to the male end of the 1553B
Data BUS PCMCIA cable (4), which will be labeled A.
7. Connect the other end of the 1553B Data BUS PCMCIA cable (4) to the 1553 PCMCIA card (5).
8. Connect the female end of the Power Cable (6) to the External Power Unit (LRU shown below), J3.
9. To install the MIL-STD 1553 PCMCIA Card follow the procedures "Using the PCMCIA Cards", WP
Completed R/C DTR connection
Connecting MU-1114/A Smith Industries Data Transfer Module Receptacle (SDTMR)
The SDTMR is used on CH47, UH60, and OH58D CDS4 and above aircraft only.
Potential shock hazard when using the external power module at 400HZ
operation, special grounding is required (see label on rear of module).