3-6. CLEANING (cont)
Do not touch shroud window with washcloth
Washcloth passing over window surface can
wear away optical coating.
Dirt on hands (sweat and body oil) will soil
window. Soiled window will have to be
cleaned. Too much cleaning can wear away
5. Remove PNVS window cover assembly (para
3-9) from window (3).
6. Move PNVS turret assembly out of stow (para
3-3) to forward position.
Flow of detergent/water solution followed by
clean fresh water over window surface is
7. Repeat steps 2 through 4 above as required
and wash front and sides of PNVS turret
8. Have outer surface of PNVS window (3)
inspected. If directed, clean outer surface
9. Repeat steps 2 through 4 above as required
and wash front and sides of PNVS torquer
10. Allow all surfaces to air dry. Painted surfaces
may be wiped dry using a clean wiping cloth.
11. Move PNVS turret assembly into stow (para
12. Perform followup.
END OF TASK