2-8. DECAL AND STENCIL REPLACEMENT (cont)
b. DECAL REPLACEMENT
Replace defective decals as follows:
(1) Scrape old decal off assembly.
Flammable, toxic, irritating. Can cause breathing problems, eye
At 325°F (162.7°C), gives off phosgene gas, which can cause death or
Dont: Use near flames or sparks, let it get on skin, or breathevapors.
Do: Use in well-ventilated area, close containers when not using. Wear
acid-type safety goggles, rubber gloves, and rubber apron.
If it contacts skin or eyes, wash affected areas with running water. Get
medical help at once.
If you experience any breathing problems, get to fresh air at once.
(2) Wet wiping cloth (item 7, appendix D) with trichloroethane (item 34, appendix D) and remove
all traces of old adhesive.
(3) If necessary, touch up paint area where decal was removed (para 2-9).
(4) Lightly sand decal area with abrasive paper (Item 25, appendix D). Wipe with a clean lint free
cloth (Item 7, appendix D) until no evidence of dirt appears on cloth.
(5) Peel backing off decal and install decal at dimensions shown in illustration in a above.
If you are replacing TORQUE CAUTION decal on rear of PEU assembly,
omit step 6 below.
(6) Using artist brush (item 6, appendix D) and decal edge sealer adhesive (item 2, appendix D),
completely seal edges of decal.